Monday, May 12, 2008

Stop using your hip...

Ok, that is what my dr told me after I have injured my hip, in addition to other things...rest...3 weeks of rest (no exercising, no standing on my left leg, carrying my kids or laundry baskets). I never realized how much I move...just doing regular stuff around the house...2 hours go by and the pain starts again. In short, take a break. I am really bored. I've read a couple books, caught up on some movies and tv shows, started the big toy sort...listened to my kids play our new drum set (yes, we now have a drum set in my dining room...delightful!) and played the piano again.

*New version of Halloween by Rob Zombie...terrible but I watched it all and the extras (which was followed by a chunk of time online learning the history of the series)
*Meet the Robinsons...very enjoyable, good Mother's Day movie
*Extras (HBO's series with Ricky Gervais....very British but funny, Kate Winslet, ha ha!)
*Music and Lyrics...adorable
*Caught up on CSI, How I Met Your Mother, Cold Case, Women's Murder Club, The Office, some Arrested Development (love you Hulu!)
*Discovered some reality shows on Bravo (which have a preview of this month)...Work Out and Step it Up
*Read the new Robert Parker's Stranger in Paradise (ok) and Darkly Dreaming Dexter (good but not as great as the series)

Please give me some ideas of things to do!

I have been surfing the net more...I don't really spend too much time online anymore but this week I have re-entered the interweb!

Today's recommendation: Musings of a Minor Mennonite by my friend Dan...and his columns in Smile Politely.

2 comments:

Dan S said...

Thanks for the blog nod Jenna!

Sorry to hear about your hip - what happened? Does someone need to come over there are talk to Dave? :)

Music and Lyrics had me at the first video. I'm convinced that song and video would have been a huge hit in the 80s if it had been sung then...

Donita said...

I am sorry to hear about your hip. I had severe back issues after my baby was born 3 yrs ago and understand the "stop doing what you are doing" command. It's so hard to do, especially when you have children to take care of.

My I suggest There Will Be Blood movie (love Daniel Day Lewis) or East of Eden as a good read.

I also have the old Atari-like version of Ms. Pacman you can use for your TV if you get desparate!