Monday, May 19, 2008

It sucks...

I found out today that one of my dear friends died. We are not sure exactly what happened and probably won't but nonetheless 30yos aren't supposed to die. After sobbing on the phone with my mom and trying to find time to hug my husband...I made some calls to deliver the news. This is when email can't do it. The same calls I made 10 yrs ago when our friend died quickly and unexpectedly of cancer. I hate calling my friends after a few months without talking with sad news. It just sucks.

So, I played with my kids a little, watched Dancing with the Stars, and ate chocolate chips and breadsticks dipped in butter for dinner.

I am sorry for all those other bloggers that have recently lost someone, it seems way too many right now.

Peace and love to everyone.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you! It didn't matter that I hadn't talked to you in awhile. I appreciate that I found out from you, rather than in an email. Thank you for finding the strength to call all of us.

Meg

Misc said...

Jenna, so sorry about your loss. It totally sucks having to call people with that news. When my dad died, I asked his best friend to call people because I just couldn't talk anymore.

You are a good friend and so strong to be the one to make the calls.

Sending you comforting thoughts...

Melissa Niksic said...

I'm so sorry, Jenna. I don't know why such terrible things happen in this world.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry for this senseless loss. You are in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your loss and hope you and your family and friends find comfort and peace in this time.

Anonymous said...

I have worked with Jeff for the last 6 years. He was a dear friend. Losing him is such a heartbreaking experience. I know you and I have never met. But in March 07, Jeff forwared your blog to me. He knew I was a new mother and thought I would enjoy the things you had to say. I was going back through all the old emails I have from him and came across the one with a link to your site. He was an amazing person and I feel blessed to have had him in my life.

Jenna said...

Thank you all for your thoughts.

Melanie, he was a great friend and we will all miss him dearly. I hope to make any memorial services in his honor.