Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The End of an Era

Well, it is official...after more than 4 1/2 yrs plus some with my daughter...I am done breastfeeding. My 2yo, although still asks, has finally stopped nursing. Its been slowing down for a few months...I finally decided that it was over.

Initially, when he started skipping a morning here and there, I was a little sad..not so much that I was done nursing....but that my baby was a not a baby anymore...and this will most likely be our last baby. He still climbs into bed every morning to cuddle...but that will eventually stop too.

They grow up..and that is ok.

In other kid news...the boys spent the night sleeping together in a cardboard Blue's Clues house in the their room. It was super cute.

1 comment:

Leighann of Multi-Minding Mom said...

I looked at mine the other day and was sad for a second because he seemed like a big boy and not a baby. He will be one this week!

I think he's weaning himself. Too distracted during the day or wants a sip and then pulls away.

Oh well. I lasted longer than I ever thought I would.