Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Dinner: Impossible

One of my favorite shows is Dinner: Impossible on Food Network. A couple months ago, a story broke that Chef Robert Irvine had...let's say...embellished his resume. Now mind you this is the second time that Food Network has shown the need for a research person in the HR dept (the other being during the last season of The Next Food Network Star). Hello, DI was on for 4 seasons and no one checked his references? Regardless, he was awesome and made the show. I wrote Food Network to say so on March 4th.

Today, I received this:
Food Network has announced that Ohio chef Michael Symon will take over as host of the 'Dinner: Impossible' series, which challenges its chef to prepare meals under extreme conditions. Symon, who won the network's The Next Iron Chef competition in 2007 and appears on its Iron Chef America series, replaces Robert Irvine, who left in March following revelations that he'd exaggerated details of his resume.

Irvine had hosted the show for four seasons. Symon will begin taping 10 new episodes that will begin airing this summer. Also new to the show will be a one-hour format. 'I'm really looking forward to the challenges that are going to be thrown my way and nothing gets me more pumped than someone telling me that something is 'impossible,'' Symon said in a statementSymon, who is chef and owner of Lola and Lolita restaurants in Cleveland, graduated from The Culinary Institute of America and was named by Food & Wine magazine as one of the Ten Best New Chefs in America in 1998.Best regards,Scripps Networks Customer Service

Its is nice to know that they took the time to email me back with something that is or will be on the entertainment news pages. (they also promptly emailed me back once when I asked if Rachael Ray was engaged when I noticed a ring on her finger during a show!).

No comments: