Monday, March 23, 2009

Timeless Fun

This television show started when I was a kid....when most people didn't own a video camera...when we didn't have cable....reality shows didn't exist...and it has showed the test of time. I'm talking about America's Funniest Home Videos (AFV) on ABC (and ABC Family).

My kids LOVE this show....I mean LOVE it. The laughter that erupts from the room is amazing....every time!

And when I watch it...I laugh too. I know someone is going to jump out of the box and scare their loved ones....I know that that kid is going to hit his had with the bat....I know the person will wipe out badly on water skis. But I still say 'oh' and 'ouch' and 'no!'.

So say what you will about how tv isn't so great anymore or we need more and more to make us take notice....America's Funniest Home Videos shows us how pure entertainment remains.

2 comments:

Misc said...

My kids love that show, too. I don't mean a casual chuckle. It's full on laugh-so-hard-you-pee-your-pants funny. I don't laugh so much at the videos but at my kids laughing at the videos.

Anonymous said...

I love that show too. It is one of the few things on TV my husband and I really like. (That said we no longer have that channel)

I think it is so much fun to watch people get hurt doing stupid things. It is the darwin awards on video!

The only thing I don't like about that show is when they have old people falling when they aren't doing anything stupid. That just seems mean.