Thursday, March 05, 2009

Guilty Pleasure

Ok...I really like to watch The Girls Next Door on E! So much that I stayed up late on Sunday to watch the 'last' episode when Kendra left the mansion.

The show is just simply fascinating.
A very old man who has young girlfriends (he's older than my grandpa and the girls are younger than me).
A man that has three girlfriends who live in the house all together.
Nude modelling.
Uneducated, extremely immature women thinking they are grown ups.
Rich people living way too rich while the rest of us are so poor.

If you only watch one episode...watch this last one where Kendra, the 23yo, decides she needs to move on with her life. The contrast between her mom and grandma's terror that she is going to move out and have to take care of herself (no joke, they tell her to stay in the mansion because she has never had to take care of herself...you know feed herself, pay bills (have you ever written a check? they ask)...and Kendra who wants to try something new...like find a house with a good spot for a stripper pole. Just watching her allow her mom, brother, and the butlers pack up her room is bothersome.

Obviously they get paid well for that show since her first 'apartment' is a mini-mansion in the valley.

But I must watch....I must!

1 comment:

Leighann of Multi-Minding Mom said...

I know...don't take away my feminist card, but I have this odd fascination when it comes to Girls Next Door.

I don't watch it weekly, but now and then I'll get caught up on the last few episodes.

But what I don't understand is that I thought Holly wanted to marry Hugh and have his babies. And now I hear she's been dating Chris whatever-his-name-is (the illusionist).

What's up with that?