Monday, March 30, 2009

My favorite Sundays

One of my favorite things to do is to sip coffee and listen to NPR on Sunday mornings...especially Says You. (today I listened for hours as I painted my kitchen...Car Talk, On the Media, Media Matters).

We are fortunate to have three PBS stations on our TV...so I can always choose something great! So, on Sunday evenings I like to watch either Masterpiece Theater or whatever is on...the past two weeks they have featured amazing women, An Evening with Eartha Kitt and Betty Ford: The Real Deal. I also love American Masters and recently watched Jerome Robbins.

In related PBS news....Mr. Steve from PBS Kids will be at the Champaign Library April 4th (11am and 1pm) and Calling All Super Readers...the Super Why crew will be there April 18th (10am-12pm). See here for more details.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to tell the toddler monster about Super Why. She isn't allowed to watch TV unless she is sick, but when she had pneumonia she logged hours and hours of Super Why. We got a DVD of the show at last year’s Read Across America. I don’t love the sort of incidental phonics they use, but my daughter loved it. She has been asking to watch it again and tries to convince me to take her temperature. I thought she would be older before she was ready to fake an illness.