Saturday, June 07, 2008

Finding quiet time with my hub...

On Thursday, I had to go to the ER since apparently something, probably a small cyst somewhere in my reproductive system, ruptured (very painful, let me tell you...). After the initial hour of being terrified and in horrific pain...I was feeling better and just waiting for them to tell me what the hell happened. Well, in the total 3 hours we spent there, my husband and I got to just sit in a quiet place and chat about normal life, our careers, future plans, politics. Its probably that longest time we've had together to just talk in a while. We also spent an hour of the time with a lovely ultrasound tech...while we looked at my internal organs we talked about all kinds of stuff. My hub also got to show off where he works and the people he works with...everyone was very nice. He also forgot that our minivan does not qualify as a emergency medical vehicle despite who drives it and had to eventually move it out of the ambulance bay. He didn't get to give me an IV...although he really wanted to show off his skills...next time, honey.

I do hope we don't wait for for another medical emergency to sit and talk to each other.

4 comments:

Henny Penny said...

Glad you turned lemons into lemonade. I need a date with my husband soon, hopefully not at the ER though.

Anonymous said...

Aw, that's sweet. I've done the ruptured cyst thing myself. Not fun. Next time hire a sitter and skip the er bill.

Anonymous said...

I had a cyst too, but it ended up going away. I named it Patterson. Did you get the opportunity to name yours before it ruptured? James and I go for walks every night. That is the only way we get to talk. (Though we don't have kiddos yet so it is easier that way.) Glad you are ok!

Anonymous said...

OUCH! Tough way to find time together. Not a fan of the ER myself, but I am a fan of hubby time.