Monday, December 10, 2007

Why Christmas May Never Come

I told my family last week that I refuse to put up the Christmas tree or any other major decorations until the house is cleaned up. The tree fills up our main room so much that I can't have the usual floor of crap on top of it. So...it hasn't happened yet. It might not. I am trying hard to stand my ground. We'll see.

I'm apparently now The Grinch. Well since I usually do all the decorating, baking, and shopping, I have that control.

Bah Humbug!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you. The holidays are stressful enough without having to do everything. Better to be the Grinch now than the woman behind the bathroom door eating her hair Christmas morning.

Anonymous said...

All we have is a Evergreen Scented candle. If they complain, tell them to come visit us in Texas for a true Bam Hum Bugger. YOU GO GIRL!

Jenna said...

It is finally up and the house has maintained some cleanliness. I did help them clean up but they did do some of it and have helped keep it that way.

Now if we could only keep the ornaments on the tree.