Saturday, July 14, 2007

Is it hopeless?

At least once a week...I look around at the end of the day and ask...does it even matter that I clean up...should I just give up?

I do take time every day to clean up all the toys, cups, miscellaneous food items, books, etc. that have been pulled out. And if I do this after the kids go to bed...I can even sit back and enjoy the cleanliness. But...within moments of the kids being awake, it all over again. I look around and say "didn't I just clean all this stuff up?" And always think "someone else better start cleaning this up." None of the stuff is mine. The kids do try to help out, sometimes.

Of course after watching Oprah this week (something I rarely do) about over-cluttered homes, I will never let my house get that bad. And after all...my house is always clean (clean toilets, dusted, and vacuumed (although that task could be done 3 times a day))...but it is rarely perfectly tidy. Oh well...eventually the kids will grow up and they won't even play with all those puzzles that get dumped everyday...the train set will be packed up...the many picture books will be stored away....no one will want to dress up or play tea party...

No comments: