Thursday, July 05, 2007

Fire!!

I'm not sure if my almost 2yo should be chanting "Fire! Fire! Fire!" on our way to the fireworks last night....but he sure did love them. I have had some bad experiences with fireworks and kids (I remember having to run several blocks with my 3yo daughter one year as she screamed in fear!). But last year the kids loved them. And this year was no different. My 3yo has been talking about them for the past six months...and the parade. I was amazed that he fell asleep in the middle of the show! But there were lots of ooooo's and ahhhh's and boom's to be had by all.

But what I loved about the event...was that we all laid on a blanket in the grass draped over each other for 30 mins and watched with pleasure. This just doesn't happen normally...but maybe it should. Even when we have 'family movie night', we start out sitting together...although usually on separate couches. But by the end, my husband goes off to do something, I decide to make a phone call in the relative quiet, the baby decides to play blocks.... But I think we should make time to just lay out together and enjoy something...like each other!

I hope you all had a great 4th! (I personally had a stomach virus all day....I spent the day catching up on Next Food Network Star....but the family had a great time!

No comments: