Friday, July 27, 2007

Happy Birthday La Leche!

La Leche League recently celebrated its 50th Birthday! Congratulations!

Of course, I am a breastfeeding momma (going on 4 yrs straight....our youngest has almost reached the 2 yr mark)...and I am a huge supporter of breastfeeding families. So, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that La Leche was founded in my hometown...how crazy.

Here's a good article from the Chicago Trib
Give LaLeche a Break

Honestly, I have never gone to a La Leche meeting (the times don't work with our schedule) but I wish I had the time. Their website is very informational and the leaders are warm and welcoming to phone calls and emails. Like it says in the article, La Leche has this breastfeeding-nazi perception however, although this is not always true, this clear and strong message has helped change the way Americans feed their babies.

No comments: