Thursday, September 04, 2008

Things I didn't know...

Republicans are really delusional.

I thought this might be so but I know and love lots of really nice Republicans. What world do they live in that they think our survival of the fittest (richest) plan is working out?

Republicans tell jokes.

I had no idea.

Republicans can be very mean.

What was with all the harsh jabs at 'our opponent's' character?

Marriage is sacred...for some.

Allowing and encouraging knocked-up teenagers to get married but making it illegal for a committed and mature homosexual couples.

Running as the 'hot chick' is good for women.

First, Sarah Palin is hot? Barack can't help if he's incredibly good looking...but why run on it?

McCain has experienced many victories at war.

I forgot...was he in WWII? What other 'wars' have we won? Did we start this 'war' in Iraq so we could win it? And what is victory going to look like...cause Obama should get in on that so he can say he won something.

They actually may have made a good choice.

Palin can deliver a speech well. She hit that rural, think Obama Biden is a Muslim terrorist, white voter that unfortunately helped elect GBII. I don't think she hit it for women though...

Ignoring policy talk will win over the undecided voters.

Why not spend the time talking about your family, things we already know about McCain, and the DNC. (she did pretend that Republicans will do anything to help people with disabilities).

That if McCain is our next president, I want to move to Canada.

Note: The Daily Show with John Stewart was so great on Tuesday....perfect!

6 comments:

monadnoc said...

Bill Moyers Journal always gets me through the tough times. It's nice to know there are still some clear thinking journalists out there. He even has an amazing interview with Jon Stewart on his podcasts. I listen to them during the long drives in red states, and blue states.

m.

Anonymous said...

Loved it.. can I reproduce this post with credit on my blog?

VeganLinda said...

I am scared, very scared. She was a good pick. I can feel a headache coming on until Nov.

Anonymous said...

I thought this essay really hit my thoughts on Palin and Guiliani last night. The sarcastic and harsh tones of both their speeches really bothered me, but maybe I'm just a liberal wimp for feeling that way. Nothing more evil and despicable than a community organizer, eh! (As our friend Dan and others have pointed out, Jesus was a community organizer.) And the "Drill, Baby, Drill!" chants were un-be-lievable. Really?!

The Fearless Freak said...

He is a veteran. According to Wiki:

"graduated from U.S. Naval Academy in 1958. He became a naval aviator, flying ground-attack aircraft from aircraft carriers. During the Vietnam War, he nearly lost his life in the 1967 USS Forrestal fire. Later that year while on a bombing mission over North Vietnam, he was shot down, badly injured, and captured as a prisoner of war by the North Vietnamese. He was held from 1967 to 1973"

So maybe being shot down and surviving as a POW=victory?

Anyway, I'm so done with this election. I can't wait for Nov so I can quit hearing about it :(

Jenna said...

I thought Vietnam wasn't a war but a police action so something like that.

What? McCain is a POW? I hadn't heard that before!