Friday, March 25, 2011

Fitness Friday!!! the Comeback!



Obviously, my body has undergone lots of changes in the past year. I gained about 35lbs during my pregnancy, reaching my all-time high weight.

Every woman feels pressure to lose that baby weight. If you watch the tabloids, Hollywood moms make it look way to easy to drop all that weight in a ridiculous about of time. They make us, normal people, think it should all melt away. But ladies, it doesn't. When I was 18, yes, the weight disappeared. But when I was in my twenties, I decided just to have another baby instead of trying to get rid of the rest of the pounds. And with #3, it wasn't until I was done nursing (after 2 1/2 years) that I finally finished up that last 5lbs. And honestly, my pre-pregnancy-regular weight is 10lbs higher than my wedding weight.

So we'll see what happens this time. I was in the best shape of my life before I got pregnant (which really helped my surgical recovery!) and I am nursing all the time and taking care of 3 other kids, not to mention teaching the best 24 preschoolers in town....let's just say I'm very active. But I love junk food and sitting around watching a lot of tv while I rock and nap isn't good for anything.

My goal is to have my body back to being strong (lifting those big weights again), active, and fit (e.g. running up the stairs and breathing at the same time) in 9 months. I want to be able to keep up with my students, young and old, and my own kids.

It took me 9mons to get up there, it will take about 9mons to get back down.

I'll track my progress here and we'll see what happens!

Height: 4ft 11in
End of pregnancy weight: 162
Today's weight:138.5

4 comments:

Quigs78 said...

Yay! I saw you in Zumba today, but I was hiding in the back while you rocked it up front!

For the record, you look great already!

Gwenna said...

Wait, is that 2nd picture you now? You look great! Can't wait to follow your progress though. I know you'll rock it.

Jenna said...

I saw you K....you should move up front! Zumba is great, gentle core work. Great to re-strengthen without too much stress on my incision.

Dawn said...

Jenna, I'm impressed with how much weight has already come off! WIth your dedication and positive attitude I am sure you'll reach your goal! (Also, as a fellow c-section mother I am amazed at you doing zumba already, you go girl!) :)