Wednesday, August 18, 2010

School Days

School starts this week for many children and parents. Two of mine start tomorrow and one on Monday. Many parents find the first day of school sad or sweet, tears well up in their eyes and they struggle to let go of their child's hand so they can walk in the school alone.

I am not one of those parents. I love the first day of school for purely selfish reasons. I can't wait to have the kids out of the house and get some time to myself again. Its terrible but true. I am looking forward to my kids spending time with other people than myself, husband, and their siblings. My boys, in particular, need to spend time apart for each other before blood is shed. I can't wait to have my house stay a bit cleaner and less food need to be stocked up. I also love and need routine in my life and school days bring a delightful routine back into the house. So, I am ready for school to start..bring it on!

2 comments:

Dan S said...

Amen, sista!

Carrie B. said...

I agree with you 100%. Regular schedule and a little me time, it is a great thing!