Friday, April 30, 2010

Fitness Friday!!!

Although I am not running in the Illinois Marathon tomorrow, I have been on a marathon of my own. Last weekend, I attended a fitness conference through IDEA. I spent three days dancing, stretching, strengthening, and having a great time. I learned a lot of new things and met some fabulous people.

Some current trends I love!
*Zumba (of course!): this latin fusion class will tone you up while you have a BLAST! find a class near you NOW!
*Beaming: this is a new program that takes current programs such as yoga, pilates, and tai chi and puts them on a foam balance beam. It was one of the hardest things I have done.
*Kids fitness: Using an adventure format, we went through a workout that would be hard for adults but kids will having so much fun, they won't even notice the sweat dripping off their noses (more on this next week)

Summer is a good time to try out new things. A lot of places have shorter programs to try out and fit into your schedule. Additionally, the pool is open!

****The Fitness Center in Champaign, Monticello, and Tuscola is offering a GREAT summer membership deal! $129 for the whole summer! Check it out!

No comments: