Wednesday, July 12, 2006

What I've been doing...

This is part of my new format...this will give you a quick idea of what our family has done each week. Additionally, I will write journal-type entries.


What we have been eating...
Many of these meal recipes are or will be posted on this site.
*Thai Chicken Pizza (so yummy!)
*BBQ Tofu/Tempeh in wheat tortilllas
*Pasta with artichokes, mushrooms, and spinach (yum!) and big salad
*Homemade macaroni and cheese, grilled hot dogs, and mixed veggies with spices
*BBQ chicken sandwiches, baked red potatoes, peas
*Turkey Meatball Sandwiches
*Peanut Stir Fry with Noodles and Chicken
*the Big Salad
*the famous 'Leftovers!'
What we have been reading...
the baby--Baby Sign books, Maisy's train, Goodnight Moon
the 2 year old--How I Became a Pirate, Tarzan, The Very Busy Spider, The Very Quiet Cricket, 10 Hungry Monsters
the 9 year old--Harry Potter 4:GOF, Ella Enchanted
the Mom--Blindness by Jose Saramago (this is a great book! and it would have been even better had I had all my brain cells back intact. it is a bit difficult at times but really thought-provoking (remember when you thought about something besides poop)); Double Whammy by Carl Hiaasan (great, fun read).
What have we been watching...
BabyFirst TV (babyfirsttv.com)
(we got a month-long preview on our service). It is really great. The 'shows' are about 3-5 minutes each and are developmentally-appropriate. Our baby didn't really care about it but our 2-year-old loved it. He was very interactive with the programs.
So You Think You Can Dance (Fox)
My daughter and I like to watch. We have never really watched American Idol or anything, so this is our first show that we are getting into it all. No, we haven't voted for our favorite yet (and probably won't). Its good summer fun.
Rent
Got it from the library, of course. I haven't seen the stage show (but I have seen La Boehme) but I really liked this movie. The music is great and the cast (mostly the originals from Broadway) are great.
Pirates of the Caribbean 2
Search for the lost editor...it is WAY too long. Its all pirate action and its all good. Johnny Depp is great and I could easily be persuaded to watch Orlando Bloom for two hours. My nine-year-old liked it too but was scared at certain parts. The plot confused her a bit as well. If you liked the first one...and plan on seeing the third...head on out.
Cars
This was a good one--of course Pixar can't miss. Of course my two-year-old son loved it (and told his toy Lightning McQueen that he was home when the movie started). I thought is was a bit long (2 hours) and slow at times and right now the least favorite of the Pixar collection (but I am sure it will grow on me once my sons have requested to watch the DVD a hundred times).

No comments: