Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Happy Healthy Kids

So I have finally found the time, kind of, and convinced my employer to let me teach some kids' programs.....so this summer the Fitness Center in Champaign began Healthy Kids. Its 30mins a day, Monday thru Friday for kids ages 3-12.

So many of the things I do in class, you can do at home with your kids. Simple, short, fun things.

Over the next couple weeks, I will share some ideas with you.

*Red, Yellow, Green Light
Take 3 pieces of construction paper (red, yellow, and green). One person stands on one side of the room/yard and holds up a paper...the others move towards to the person according to the color (red=stop, yellow=slow motion, green=run). Take turns being 'the light'.

*Building and Knocking Things Over
Make towers out of things (at the gym we use yoga blocks, at home empty boxes). Then take turns running, punching, and kicking the tower over. Rebuild and repeat.

*Paper Planes
Make lots of paper airplanes together. Then toss them around the room/yard. Run to get them and throw them again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With havin so much content do you ever run into any problems of plagorism or copyright infringement?
My website has a lot of unique content I've either created myself or outsourced but it appears a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my authorization. Do you know any ways to help prevent content from being ripped off? I'd
really appreciate it.

Check out my site; 激安ロレックスコピー